Has your dentist ever asked you if you could go back and change one thing about your smile, what would it be? Many responses would include having straightened teeth. But there is more to a smile makeover than aesthetics; straight teeth can prevent many oral problems from developing. And with all the improvements with teeth straightening products, wearing braces does not necessarily mean metal bands and brackets, wires, and years of food restrictions.
A consultation with your Invisalign orthodontist can literally change your life. You can achieve that smile makeover you desire through the use of clear aligners; they are virtually undetectable and offer many advantages over traditional dental braces:
- Clear – No one needs to know you are wearing braces.
- Removable – Perhaps the biggest advantage is the ability to remove the aligners. This allows you to eat all the foods you love. The aligners are taken out to enjoy a snack or during mealtime. Simply replace when you’re done.
- Oral hygiene – Since you can remove the aligners, you can easily accomplish your daily oral hygiene tasks of brushing and flossing without obstruction.
- Comfortable – There is no metal involved; abrasions from chafing soft oral tissues are a thing of the past, as well as broken wires.
- Diet restrictions – With Invisalign there are none. You can eat all the crunchy, chewy, fresh foods you would be advised not to consume with traditional braces.
During your consultation with your orthodontist you will be provided with a thorough assessment of the program required to straighten your teeth. Whether you need six months or a few years, the result of having straight teeth will not only improve your appearance, but you will enjoy much better dental health.
Crooked teeth provide many areas for bacteria to accumulate and grow. This bacteria turns into plaque improving the odds of developing dental decay and/or gum disease.
When teeth are straight, you can brush and floss areas as they are no longer inaccessible for you. Plaque build-up is lessened; the incidence of decay or disease is decreased when you follow the guidelines established by your dentist to maintain oral health.
It is never too late to look your best. Invisalign clear aligners allow young professionals, middle-aged, or senior citizens to maintain a beautiful smile; but more importantly you can achieve healthier teeth and gums.
To find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign, contact San Antonio Orthodontics at 210-970-7638 today.